Getting started with the Furhat SDK
To install the SDK, follow this process:
- Download and extract Furhat SDK to any folder of your choice from the Furhat Developer Zone (furhat.io).
The updating functionality of the SDK is currently undergoing a rebuild, so next time we update you have to reinstall the SDK. Quite usually however, updating the furhat-commons library (in your skill's build.gradle file) is enough to have your skill get the latest changes. With the new updating functionality that we're working on, this will be a lot easier.
For upgrading skills to a new SDK version, please see skills docs.
Running the SDK
Note: If you are on Mac and have the latest OSX Mojave, you have to give explicit permission, for the terminal application you use, to the microphone.
- Open your SDK folder in your terminal
- Launch the SDK with the commands
sh launchSDK.shon Mac and Linux
- Open your browser (Chrome is recommended) and navigate to http://localhost:8080
- Log into the web interface with password "admin"
- To set up microphones: Configure microphone under microphone settings in web interface.
- To set up speaker: Configure speaker under the home settings in web interface.
- Finally, test the speech, gaze and gestures on the home screen and make sure the Virtual Furhat behaves as it should.
- To test the microphone and speech recognition, create a new skill and test-run it.