Overview of web interface
Figure below shows an example of the web interface, but it can look a bit different depending on which mode it is running in.
The top bar looks the same, regardless of which mode is running. It has the following options:
- Live mode (in blue): shows which mode is running. Press this button to go to the main page for the mode.
- Switch mode: To switch mode (see The different Modes)
- Console: To show the console output from the mode. Useful if any errors occur.
- Restart mode: To restart the mode. This is useful if the program crashes for any reason, or when some types of configurations have been done.
- Server menu:
- Packages: Shows which packages have been installed. Here you can also upload (and download) packages.
- Show info: Shows some basic info, such as the software version and IP address.
- Update firmware: To update the software running on Furhat.
- Clean temp dir: To clean the temporary directory (typically not needed)
- Change password: To change the password for logging into the web interface.
- Restart server: To restart the whole server (not just the mode). Can be done if restarting the mode doesn’t help.
To the left, you can see the links to different configuration panes, depending on which mode is running:
- Skills: Lists the “skills” (applications) that can be run. Press a button the run a skill. (See Skills)
- Dashboard: A dashboard where you can track spoken interactions (both what user's say and Furhat says, see the Kinect output and microphone monitors. You can also see the Situation view where you see Users in Furhat's interaction space. To simulate users, you can add virtual users here.
- Wizard: A Wizard mode, where you can see the Kinect output, and set up buttons which controls what Furhat will say. By clicking in the Kinect view, you can control where Furhat is looking. (See Wizard)
- Face: Control face settings (see Face)
- Connections: Control the network settings.
- Microphone: Control which microphone to use when running skills. (see Microphones)
- Recognizer: Control which recognizers to enable when running skills.
- Kinect: Set up and test the Kinect camera. (see Kinect)
Note, this option is only visible if a Kinect sensor is detected
- Logging: Enable or disable logging. Download log files.